The Liebster Award!
It's like the Oscar of blogging - sort of, in a way.
Liebster is a German word that means endearing, valued, lovely or in modern day translation - Your Blog Rocks!
It's a way to recognize up and coming blogs for their "outstanding accomplishments in content and design."
First, Amber at The Honeysuckle Bus Stop contacted me to let me know she had chosen Fairhope Supply Co. for the award, and before I could jump down, turn around, pick a bale of cotton, low and behold - Miss Lobster Meets Peach handed me the same coveted statue for a second time! (There will be a statue, won't there?)
In all honesty, I am extremely honored. Sometimes when you write a blog, you aren't sure if anyone is really reading or if it's your Mother clicking on your site over and over again.
Both Honeysuckle Bus Stop and Lobster Meets Peach are such beautiful, fun and well-written blogs, I am humbled that they even noticed me! Please take a moment and click over to see them both. You won't be disappointed!
But first, I have a question for the presenters. When I win something, I usually get a crown or tiara or something sparkly, so . . .
where's my crown?
Until then, I'll pull out one of my old tiaras I have lying around here, (it's the south - we all have extra tiaras lying around.) plop it on my head for inspiration, and answer these earth shaking, required questions:
1. How did you start blogging? My friends originally told me I should get a talk show, but when blogs were invented, I figured I could yak away all day and still wear pajamas. I love to tell stories, so there you go. It's a fit.
2. Which day of the week is your favorite and why? Sunday - just like the Craig Morgan song, "That's What I Love About Sunday." Church, family, naps, front porch swinging, reading and rest.
3. How do you describe your style? I clean up nicely and look pretty traditional with pearls and such, but in reality, it's been a while since I thought about style. I have two boys, a husband and pets who keep me pretty busy. Sometimes I'll hold my retro pocketbook in a stylish pose - just to hide a coffee stain. My house style is traditional with a coastal, beachy touch. (sand on the floor).
4. What is your favorite period in history and why? I like the fashion of the 1950's and early 60's. TV from the 1970's. The big hair of the 1980's. Jackie Kennedy+Mrs. Brady+Early Madonna = The Perfect Woman.
5. What is your favorite color to decorate with? Off - white. Dust just blends right in.
6. What is a color you never wear? Yellow. I love yellow, but everyone asks me if I'm sick when I wear it. As a middle schooler, my smiley face T-shirt got me out of class a lot.
7. Do you like to cook, and what is your favorite dish? Actually, I cook almost every night and we sit down to eat together as a family - which usually results with someone falling off their chair or being sent to their room. (often me) But my stove and oven are always dirty wrecks because I cook so much.
Favorite dish? The men in my house tend to like meat. Any kind. Any way. But I'm a fairly healthy cook, so we don't do much red meat. We love seafood, which is always fresh and delicious here on the Gulf Coast. Baking is actually my specialty, which is funny, because I don't really care for sweets myself.
8. What makes you cry for no reason? A clean house makes me tear up, but other than that, the National Anthem, when played by the Fairhope High School Band before football games on Friday nights always chokes me up. Their arrangement is beautiful, and the crowd always sings along in four part harmony. The politically - correct have imposed a "moment of silence," but we all know we are praying for our student's safety. It is lovely, pure, and American.
9. Which fictional character are you in love with? Oh, come on now! How am I ever supposed to be a serious writer when I sit around answering insubstantial questions like this? (Superman).
10. What else do you want people to know about you? That I love hearing from readers, and when you share my blog with other friends, I do a little happy dance. Even though I don't know who you are, I appreciate every single reader.
And now, I have the ultimate, glorious power to bestow the coveted Liebster Award on other up and coming blogs! But since this post has gone on longer than usual, you will have to come back later this week for part two, when I tell you about some great blogs I like to read.
Thanks again to The Honeysuckle Bus Stop and Lobster Meets Peach!
You made me do the double, no triple - happy dance!